Monday 17 October 2011

DIY Photography – Beauty Dish, Strobe Hood, and ebay UV filter

I made myself a cheap DIY flash gun hood, speedlite beauty dish, from a IKEA standing lamp today.

DIY Photography Strobe Head

DIY Photography Strobe Head

DIY Photography Strobe Head

I cut the flash gun hole into the lamp shade, to turn it into a hood, then took a very quick remote shot to see what the results were like.

I was more than happy with the results, however, it did highlight something that I'd thought about in the back of my mind.

 

My super cheap ebay UV filter was causing GHOSTING on my shots.

It has cropped up in the past in my previous shots, but I never really knew why till today, as I'd guessed it might have been a reflection caused by my lens hood !

With cheap EBAY UV FILTER

DIY Photography Strobe Head

Without filter
DIY Photography Strobe Head

With cheap EBAY UV FILTER
DIY Photography Strobe Head

Without filter
DIY Photography Strobe Head

Looks like I'd better get a good multi-coated UV filter from now on !

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave a comment on PhotographyByFai.blogspot.com