Sunday 29 January 2012

Play.com 32gb Class 10 SDHC test results via ATTO benchmarking

I recently purchased a new 32GB Class 10 SDHC card, that was listed as a HOT DEAL via HotUKDeals.

I'd purchased the card from Play.com before fully reading that some of their cards may not meet the specified classification and transfer speeds.

I contacted them about the card, and my concerns, and they said that if the card that's delivered doesn't meet the specification of class 10, then they'll happily refund the item plus postage.

The card was promply delivered (a week or so), and I tested the card using:

  • ATTO Benchmarking v2.46
  • H2testw

    Results

    Atto shows a maximum read/write speed of 18525/16529 (kb/s)
    Atto results:
    Play.com 32gb Class 10 SDHC test results

    H2testw confirmed that the card capacity was 32GB, with an average write speed of 13MB/s, and read (verify) speed of 15.8MB/s.
    H2testw result
    Not as fast as named SDHC cards, such as PNY but nothing that warrents me returning the card so I'm pleased with the results.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    leave a comment on PhotographyByFai.blogspot.com